Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Living for Christ

When Paul wrote, "to live for Christ", one cannot fathom to grasp the intensity of such a statement. To what degree does one strive to replicate the Son of God? Does ones life truly change? What affects does ones actions truly have on others and the world? "Truly, Truly I say" the affects of ones life and the affect one has on others is great! So, Why do we have a hard time being a slave of Christ, and to give ourselves in all actions to the one who has given us life?

From my experiences that I have indulged in so far, I have begun to immerse the vast life lessons deep into my heart. As I have been moving from place to place and meeting many people God has been showing His greatness and passion to reunite with His children. Life has not been without its pain and discomfort, but Christ has been glorified even in the sorrow and uncertainties. There have been many times when the words have been provided and hearts have been touched for the glory of God. I have been working on putting myself in the background and Christ in the foreground, but this can and is difficult. With my life at out my control, it has been the best opportunity for God to gain complete control. No worries are burdensome upon my heart, no fear for what tomorrow brings, and all hope in the one whom I serve. I am learning to humble myself in all regards to the point of getting on my knees and becoming, as Christ exemplified, the "feet washer". The greatest thing that I have been enlightened is that at some point you as the "feet washer" become the one to whose feet will be washed. The blessing of being a servant of Christ is that in all actions, assuming they are for Him, are cyclical.

I have been reminded and urge others to look at your life, your family, your job and see if Christ is the focal point. Sometimes we are involved in our own plans and miss Gods plans for us. Sometimes our families become so busy that Christ is briefly mentioned as an entrance to ones meals. When life's comfort of routines blind us from broken and lost people changes have to be made, priorities have to be reevaluated, and sometimes we need to get a little uncomfortable. I cannot explain the difference I have felt with not having control and trust being upon Him. More doors have been opened then ever before and there has developed visions and directions I would have been oblivious to had my heart not been open, my mind not been willing, and for all control to be out of my hands. Losing control is the most difficult thing for myself as it might be for you. Life seems so much easier to manage when we have the control of getting the best job we see fit, living in the place where we want to live, and to be able to choose how much involvement we will have in church and in the work of the Kingdom, but I tell you that God has been showing me how amazing life is when we serve him and live to do the work for the kingdom in all that we do! I pray that you take time and see if what you are doing is for the kingdom of God. You do not have to be a minister to do work of God. You must however, change your heart, so when you are at work your purpose is not to make money, or to perform well for your boss, but that you use it to talk to people about Christ. In all that you are doing, may you be doing your best for Christ, who gives you strength!

So, to what degree does one strive to replicate the Son of God? One should be having the eyes of Christ in that no matter if you are walking down the street, sitting in the pews Sunday Morning, or at work, you are seeking the lonely, the hurt, the lost, and the misguided. Then take action and engage them with the heart of Christ. Does ones life truly change? Yes, your life will not be the same if you are doing everything for the kingdom and become completely immersed in the direction that Christ has for us. What affects does ones actions truly have on others and the world? Your affect can save lives that would have been disregarded by others, you can bring purpose and meaning to someone who feels worthless and scared, you will be the “light” in a dark world. By bring Christ to others you are bringing comfort, peace, grace, mercy, love, endurance, strength, meaning, trust, and care. The world that is lost and forsaken becomes a world where a hungry are feed, the thirsty are given living water, the pain is replaced with comfort, and people become united through the Son of God, the Giver of Life, and Definer of Love!

2 Corinthians 6:1-10

No comments: